Missoula Bike Parks Project at Bellevue Park
September 2017 - Present
Friends of Missoula Parks and the Southgate Triangle Neighborhood are supporting the Missoula Bike Parks Project and raising funds to build a bicycle skills course in Bellevue Park!
Highlights of the park includes:
- A progressive bike skills layout allowing riders to progress not only through the park, but as their skills develop, to larger features within the same park.
- Pump tracks with continuous hills and berms.
- A progressive jump line for BMX Riders of a range of skill levels.
- Bicycle work station with basic tools available for public use.
- Walking paths, and connectivity to sustainable transportation trails and bus stops.
Parks and Recreation is currently in the process of selecting design and construction management services for the park, to complete construction documents and oversee construction. Pending a successful capital campaign, Phase 1 construction could start as early as 2018. The park will be constructed in phases as funding becomes available. Parks and Recreation, with support of a strong volunteer force, will maintain the parks.
To see the project drawing: Bellevue Bike Park Conceptual Master Plan
For more information: Neighborhood Park Projects
City and County Parks departments partnered with neighborhood residents and the cycling community to develop a Master Park Plan for a bike park at Bellevue Park near 39th and Paxson St. The master plan was adopted following lengthy public process and establishes a shared community vision to guide future park design, development and maintenance.
- Missoula Parks and Recreation